1 Day CPD Cupping Therapy Course
Contact Wan-Hye on firstname.lastname@example.org
CPD Cupping Therapy Course OutlineReturn to Top ↑
CPD TOM Cupping Therapy Course Outline
Course Title: CPD TOM Cupping Therapy
Course tutor: Wan-Hye Park
Course Duration: 1 day/6 hours, 10:00am – 5:00pm (lunch for one hour)
Course fee: £150
Course Venue: <TCOT> 165 Sutherland Avenue, London. W9 1ES
1. What is this course about?
This course will give you the opportunity to add your existing skills. It will enable you to provide your clients with a new technique which will enhance their treatments.
Cupping is one of the ancient treatment methods in which a vacuumed cup is placed onto the affected area for treatment purposes.
This treatment is predominantly used to disperse stagnation, detox the body and expel pathogenic factors from the surface layers of the body to promote the circulation of the blood and Qi.
The mechanism is that the suction makes opposite pressure on the surface of the skin and increases blood flow to the inside cup areas and stimulates muscle tissues. The suction works to relax the stiff muscle and soft tissue and promotes general well-being. People feel relaxed and warm with a tingling sensation during the cupping treatment.
In all forms of suction cupping therapy, a vacuum is created modern silicone cupping or air suction cupping, or traditional fires cupping all have the same effect.
You will learn variety of cupping therapy techniques with oil and honey using glass cup, air cup or silicone cup, depending on the situation and occasions.
2. What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
This course is suitable for qualified practitioners or those with equivalent professional/practical experience.
A minimum requirement is A&P Level 3.
You should be able to:
- Follow instructions
- Express own feelings and statements of fact
- Read straight forward text fluently and take appropriate action
PLEASE SEE THE PRE-BODYWORK CHECK LIST BELOW:
The list below is a guide used when undertaking a professional bodywork course. We aim to protect the health and Safety of students in training and those they practise on during and after the course, whilst providing widest possible access. If you have suffered from any of the conditions listed, please check with a G.P if it is suitable to undertake a bodywork course. Bring a referral letter from your G.P to tutor. If you have not checked, or if it is not suitable, please do not participate in a bodywork class/course.
- A recent operation
- An untreated medical condition
- Bone or joint disorders (Rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis)
- Cardiovascular disorders (high blood pressure, severe varicose veins, thrombosis, heart problems)
- Endocrine disorders
- Knee problems
- On medication
- Pregnancy (or post natal)
- Severe skin disorders
- Severe mental illness
- Spinal injuries
- Is there anything else we should know about your health, please let the tutor knows?
3. What will the course cover? (contents, themes, projects)
- Contraindications, Health & Safety
- Cupping history and benefits
- Cupping methods - flashing (firing) and non-flashing cupping with 4 different type of cups
- Dry cupping (Back-Shu point and trigger point cupping)
- Moving Cupping (Massage Cupping) techniques
- Moving Cupping mediums – water, oil and honey
- Consultation form for discoloration
- TCM Back Shu Point
- A practical test
- Indirect moxa benefits and techniques
4. What can I expect to achieve? By the end of the course you should be able to:
- Be aware of Contraindications and Health & Safety requirements
- Explain Cupping history and benefits
- Understand discolourations after cupping treatment
- Understand using different cups methods and mediums depending on conditions and situations
- Identify TCM Back Shu points
- Perform a body treatment of cupping
5. How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
- Using handouts and diagrams
- Practical work
- Pair work
- Word storm
- Questions and Answers
6. Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
7. How will I know I am progressing?
Your progress will be regularly assessed and monitored by your tutor taking into account class work. The tutor will record your progress and provide informal, regular feedback throughout the course. At the end of your study program you will be asked to self-assess your own progress and achievement against the course objectives above.
The tutor will endorse your assessment which will be formally recorded on the standard form.
8. Will I have a chance to give my views on the course?
There will be an opportunity for you to evaluate the course towards the end of the course.
9. What qualification will I get?
If you successfully finish the course and passed the practical assessment, you will have a CPD CuppingTherapy certificate from the College of Oriental Therapy and 6 CPD points accredited by the Acupuncture Society.
TutorReturn to Top ↑
07723 031 454
Wan-Hye is a senior lecturer in Oriental medicine & therapy with City & Guilds CTLLS and teaches Traditional Oriental Medicine acupuncture and therapy at the College of Oriental Therapy, City Lit and the College of Chinese Medicine. She has developed Korean Hand Reflexology and Meridian Stretch in 2002.
Wan-Hye’s teaching is based on the philosophy that treatments tailored to the individual clients are what get the best results. To this end, all courses are very “hands-on”.
She continues to undertake a comprehensive programme of research into the benefits and efficacy of the range of therapies available.
Currently, Wan-Hye is studying in BSc Biomedicine at the Birkbeck, University of London
Application FormReturn to Top ↑
Please submit this form and the course tutor will respond to your email to inform you of whether you have been accepted. If you have any queries about this course please contact
Wan-Hye Park on 07723 031 454 or email: email@example.com
Acupuncture Society membershipReturn to Top ↑
Successful graduates from this course can apply for membership of the Acupuncture Society are entitled to use the abbreviations MAcS CM after their names the society can also arrange professional indemnity insurance at a very competitive members preferential rate
all members must be insured and log 15 hours of CPD per year (8 hours courses/seminars/workshops and 7 hours home study/research)Acupuncture Society Application Form
if they join the Society and adhere to its code of ethics rules and regulations and supply copies of their insurance.
Acupuncture Society members are exempted from Local Authority Licensing in many areas including Greater London please check with your local authority.
The annual membership to the Acupuncture Society is £50
Thank you for your application!
Your course tutor will contact you as soon as possible.
If you do not receive a reply within the next few days please call the course tutor.